Saturday 2 June 2012

My fancy tool belt


Here I am with my fancy tool belt.  I thought I would add a feminine touch to my tool belt.

When we renovated our home approx. 7 years ago, we never renovated the basement, so one day I asked myself, "now how difficult can it be to renovate this basement?"  Wow, the beauty of not knowing what you are getting into.....lol

So, I got a table saw as a gift from my aunt who felt sorry for me, when I told her that I was going to cut wood with a hand saw.

I wanted a space for my 2 girls to hang out in with their friends.  So, open concept with an area for them to watch TV, and basically lounge.

Here are some pictures of the process.








2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are ambitious!! What a huge process, and congratulations for doing the project! What I can see so far looks very professional...and kudos to you...I would be telling my husband to do this.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Debbie. It was a HUGE process. The beauty of not knowing what I was getting into when I said to myself, "now how difficult can it be to renovate a basement?" Ignorance is bliss....lol

    It took me a while as I did it a little at a time, between, work, kids, house, I could not do it all at once. I sure learned a lot though. I now look at home building in a whole new way. My husband is not handy whatsoever. He kept telling me, "just call someone and have them do it"
    I said, now what fun would that be....lol I got a real sense of accomplishment at the end. My girls love hanging downs there with their friends. Thanks again for following me. I am following you too.

    ReplyDelete