Sunday 8 July 2012

BOOK SHELF TURNED COCKTAIL BAR

I had an oak book shelf that was originally made for my daughters for their books when they were young.
I was really starting to hate that oak colour.  I started thinking of what else can this oak bookshelf become?
Already served it's purpose as a book shelf, now it was going to become, A COCKTAIL BAR.


Here is an example of what the shelf looked like before


I sanded the shelf, as it was sealed with some type of shiny finish, then primed it.
I used a semigloss brown paint for the whole shelf.  Removed some of the shelves, to suit my new bar.
I also added a mirror to the back, to give it more light and create reflection.



Purchased a wine glass rack and installed it to the top shelf.



Added the most important part, the booze....lol and there you have it.  My new bar.  Ready for a drink?



No comments:

Post a Comment